Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Orlando! I love you Orlando! Sea World. Disney. Putt Putt Golfing.

After a long journey and many miles, I am finally at the most magical place on earth. I am so excited to get started. With everyday hearing the Disney songs and seeing the fun that is store, I cannot help but tear up and think of how I am now part of the Disney magic. 

Our first day of check-in went smoothly. Arrived at 10am and made our way through the line in about an hour. I got my official housing ID and all my rooming information. Thereafter, I began the move in process. I was excited that I got the roommates that I signed up for along with 2 other guys who have been cool so far. The room I'm sharing with my friend Andrew already looks like home. I home my Quidditch broom on my cork board along with other trinkets. It's bare now but I hope to fill it up with pictures and souvenirs soon. My friends Buzz and Woody made the trip with me and are sitting by my desk watching me blog my adventure.
After move in, Andrew and I headed to the Casting building where we filled out and turned in our employment papers. It was a very short process from other stories I've heard; only about 45 minutes. It is so fun to see all the decorations and aesthetics around the Disney property. 


We then ventured off campus to find Walmart and food. Walmart was extremely packed with move in folk. Nearby property is a CiCi's that gives discounts to Disney employees so we were all about the cheap pizza buffet.

Today my only event was housing meeting. A run down on the safety of the property, how to respect roommates, and other things that every should know but have to be said. This meeting was fun only because of the trivia and fun music played throughout; all Disney jams of course. All wrapped up in the end with a preview of the housing events and trips to come. It's going to be a fun program. I cannot wait to experience it all.

Now that the day is free to me and sunny (74F), I'm going to walk to the outlet mall 5 minutes away and grab some lunch. Feel free to ask questions and tell me what you want to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment