Wednesday, January 29, 2014

When You Wish Upon a Star

Yesterday was quite eventful I would say.

To pick up from my last entry, I decided I would ride the bus routes they have for the program and time them to my stops. So I got to ride the bus route to Epcot Center and back. I got to sit around several international students and see all of the interesting costumes from each country. I even got a glimpse of the ball. After the 45 minute round trip, the roomies and I took another quest to Walmart followed by a trip to the local outlet mall for dress attire for our Traditions on Friday. Soon thereafter, we were off to the Magic Kingdom.


Andrew is a returning alumni so he knows all the cool sights and things to do. Since we don't have our park entry cards yet, we rode to the Disney resorts on property and explored the 3 around Magic Kingdom. I was so shocked at how large the Disney property is all together. It seemed like a city within a city; with all the side roads and paths loading everywhere. Our first stop took us to the Polynesian where we got some Dole-Whip and strolled out back to the beach and got our first glimpse at Cinderella's castle in the distance. We met some other college program friends here and then boarded the monorail to the Floridian.
The Roommates (Mike, Andrew, Jason, Dylan, Conner)
If you've never been to the Grand Floridian, it is quite a sight to see on the Disney property. I can't remember the price per night, but I won't be staying there anytime soon.
We walked in to the serenading sounds of the pianist playing "All I Ask of You". After standing here and admiring the open atrium, we walked downstairs to see more and meet Andrew's friend at the reception desk. 
Back on the monorail, we head off to our final stop, The Contemporary Resort, where we will watch the firework show "Wishes". We briefly get a view of the Main Gate as we fly by and head for our next resort.
At the Contemporary Resort, we wind our way down from the monorail platform down to the main floor. From here, Andrew navigates us to the outdoor patio facing the castle and up some stairs to a balcony over looking the park. This presents us with a great view of the castle and Space Mountain.
We all anxiously await the show to come. We cannot hear the music very well from this vantage point but the fireworks are magnificent once they begin. The whole time I consider it my sneak peak at the show and don't consider it my first time since I am watching it from the wrong angle. It still is quite a spectacular show and makes me smile to know that this is my home. I am now part of this magic that is made every night for people around the world. 



This morning my day begins at 8am as I have to be at the main housing complex by 9:15 for my shuttle to have my character imaging scan completed. I shared this time slot with 9 other people who were very fun to talk with. We had two international students; an Australian and a New Zealander. As we waited for the shuttle, we chatted about our homes and journeys here. We enjoyed hearing from the international students. I got to hear about every one's audition process and of course we touched upon the Harry Potter subject.
Once we arrived at the Animal Kingdom wardrobe and rehearsal building, they gave us a change of comfy socks for our scans and our measurements sheet to be filled out. We then went in pairs to the room with the scanning booth. We had every aspect of our heads measured and our feet. Apparently I'm a 11.5 left foot and a 12 right. Haha. We then got a stylish unitard to slip on for our scan. I snapped a picture, but only for my memory sake in the future. After changing, I put on the robe they gave us and got weighed and measured. In the 3D imaging booth, it was like a spacious photo booth you'd see at the mall. They closed a curtain to block out the light and had us stand on marks with our hands holding rail I guess to angle our bodies correctly. Then the machine flashes light from all angles and takes pictures and uses the shadows to create a 3D image of our bodies. The whole process took about 10 minutes tops but just took overall so long being in a group. It was a fun experience only because I know that only characters get to do it. Pray that I don't get a phone call tomorrow telling me that my body frame was rejected because it doesn't match any characters. I am hopeful and besides I'll be roaming the parks with a friend who has passes for me. I hope soon to reveal who my best friends will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment