Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Things will be great when you're Down-Town

This afternoon I continued my exploration of the Disney property by visiting Downtown Disney. It's across the street from casting so I had been close the other day but didn't stop by.

My roommate Michael and I decided to hop aboard the bus and spend the afternoon there rather than in boredom. Our first store we stopped in made me so happy. I was greeted by one of my favorite Disney characters.
I was so excited I found a Lego store. I was disappointed that I did not find a Captain America key chain that I have been searching for, but soon I will. Around the store we saw several other fun displays.



Next door to this store was an even more dangerous store for my wallet. There's a huge store full of Disney merchandising of all kinds. I can't remember the name but imagine the Disney Store but times 100. Among the trinkets and items I wish I could take home, I found a Goofy plush toy. It reminded me of my first Goofy toy I got last time I was here in '92. Now I don't remember this toy, but my mom told me all about it last weekend at my going away party. So I had her send me a picture to compare.

Now there are a lot of options when it comes to buying some Mickey ears. I didn't buy my first pair today, but I came close and got a picture.
Love Woody and hope I'll be best friends with him soon.

The rest of the shops passed in a blur. A chocolate shop here, several amazing toy shops that I could drop a hefty paycheck in, and many more. Minus the rainy, cold weather, I had fun just walking around with Mike. In the short time we've all been roomies, I've enjoyed him and feel we're the most alike. Both quiet but quirky; not the center of attention but we can add our jokes to the mix. We sang along with the Disney songs ringing through the shopping area and even added in a random Wizard of Oz moment. How that was triggered, I don't remember. Plus, it was nice to get to hang out one on one, without Andrew, with him; meeting new people. It was a great adventure and I can't wait to return with my employee discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment