Saturday, February 8, 2014

Earning My Ears

After a few days of fun and entertaining training, I have officially earned my ears at the Walt Disney Company. On our last day at Epcot, I got to hang around Baloo for the day and have fun with the guests.

That night, my group decided we would celebrate our end of our training. So we went to a place called Beaches and Cream. It's a great 50's style soda shop on one of the resorts. Here we got a dessert called the Kitchen Sink. I'll just let you see it to believe it.


The next day I got a day off from work so I went exploring to the Animal Kingdom where I visited my roommate Michael and to ride Expedition Everest. This was my first time in the park so it was a brand new experience. Seeing the Tree of Life in person was quite awesome. I didn't get to venture around and in it but got some good views. On my way to find Everest, I some a lot of cool characters.


Once I found my way over to the ride, the line was not too bad. I had such a blast on the ride. Disney never ceases to amaze me in how well they keep the magic going. The queue lines and ride themes are always big and amazing. The thrill of the ride itself was also quite fun.

After my short time here, I headed to Hollywood Studios to meet up with a few of my entertainment friends and to see Fantasmic.
The rest of the day was spent roaming the park and remembering the few sights. Like Honey I Shrunk the Kids and the Star Tours ride from Star Wars.
When everyone arrived, our first stop was the Hollywood Tower of Terror. I had never ridden this before so I was really excited to see what all of the talk was about. Wow is all I can say. It was just a fun ride full of so many surprises and unexpected turns. I definitely suggest going on it if your stomach can handle it. 
For dinner, I was so excited to see the one of the coolest places from Toy Story actually exists. 
I felt like such a kid in here. It was like stepping into a dream from childhood. Once again, this is why I love where I work. Everywhere places and people only from your dreams come to life and are real. You can meet cartoons and eat at a pizza arcade with a space port theme. 

That night, I am sad to say, Fantasmic was rained out. We made it about 15 minutes into the show and the weather rolled in. We did not let our night end there though. Since Andrew met up with me for the show and we ran into our roommate Dylan, we all decided to go to Downtown Disney for some food at Splitsville, a bowling alley restaurant. Here we escaped the rain and cold for a while. Michael managed to join us after work. We even stopped by the Ghirardelli chocolate shop again for a free chocolate square.

Back to work on Friday. Today is my first official shift and I can't wait to start. Since I will be walking around with Goofy at Chef Mickey, I will be needing some more training for a dining location. It was not extensive training like before but just enough to help us get in the swing of it. I was so nervous going into it but I had such a blast after my first shift. It was a perfect fit for me. I get to walk around and meet kids and families. Then at the end they do a celebration where they play a fun song and we get to dance and just have fun. I am so glad I get more time here next week. Sadly they will be breakfast shifts at 6am but it will still be a blast to dance with Goofy.

Today I have the day off. Let's see what magic can be made.

1 comment:

  1. The part where you get to dance makes me very happy! - Amy (using an old, old AIM screen name)

    ReplyDelete