Friday, February 21, 2014

Friends Around the Parks

This past week has flown by in such a blur. I made friends with Sulley over at Monsters Inc. and had such a blast with him for the day. I also got to hang out in Andy's room with Woody and his pal Buzz. Buzz sure is more popular than the sheriff. Just a friendly memo for any going to visit my friends from the Toy Story world, Andy is at college and isn't coming. haha. They won't react when told Andy is coming. :)


But of course it hasn't been all work for me. I have had several times to have fun with friends and go visit them at work. I also just got to explore the parks and meet new characters.









As an added incentive, they gave the cast some back stage magic and had Elsa and Anna come by for the day to greet us. It was so cool meeting them, especially when I didn't have to wait an hour+


 Last night we had a great roommate dinner night at the Cheesecake Factory. I got the S'more cheesecake and had to walk around Downtown Disney to alleviate my food baby.
 
Me, Silas*, Jason, Eric, Michael, Andrew, and Dylan
 While Silas isn't living with us, it was still cool to have another friend joining us. Plus our waitress was amazing.










There are still days when I cannot believe that I live and work here. I still can walk around and feel the excitement and magic seeing it all and thinking I'm a part of this. I help make this place come to life. At least once per shift I'll get a tear in my eye at the thought of years from now, I'll be in a family picture or how a little boy just learned to walk and I get to be a part of some of his first steps; to come hug me.Yes, there are bad times where guests or employees don't lose the magic and make it difficult, but I still know why I am here. It's for the one guest whose waited 80 years to meet Goofy or that little girl who sees Sulley and calls him Kitty. It's for those who can see the magic and love being absorbed by it.

"We must always believe in our wishes. For they are the magic in the world."


No comments:

Post a Comment